Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Past Few Days

Here is what we have been up to the last few days. Lots of family time! Christopher had to stay with Granddaddy Saturday for about 4 hours while Matt and I went somewhere and he had a ball! We snuck out and dad's handyman had his 6 year old son there so that worked out awesome! The boys played and when they left, Christopher dumped out every basket and drawer they had. Granddaddy said Nana is going to have to childproof the place when she gets there- which we go and get her on Friday! :)

Here are some pics!

While the cat's (Matt) away... the mice (me and Christopher) will play!
Matt would die if he knew I let Christopher eat waffles in bed. (It was our first official day of break- come on!) He hates when I eat in bed, let alone a messy 2 year old. But Christopher is sitting on my side of the bed and he was super neat. Chocolate chip waffles and Sofia are a great way to start the day! 

Third haircut. Such a little man. I thought I cut all the curls away... but they are back!

At VBS with his lizard that he made in arts and crafts.
Christopher also made a picture frame while there. It has his picture in it with his 2 "tour guides" through the VBS Jungle Safari and a stuffed monkey. He looks terrified in the picture.  Christopher did get lots of compliments from the volunteers there. He knew how to get in a line (thank you, Ms. Jeanne), he said please and thank you, sat and listened at storytime, and participated in all of the activities! I was so proud of him. I did not stay with him any of the nights except for the first night. When we were getting ready for bed Tuesday night, I asked him if he was a good boy and he said uh huh. And then I asked him if he followed directions... and he got a really sad look on his face and said "I sorry, mommy... I sorry." I'm sure he did based on what the people told me, but the guilt was hilarious! :) Wednesday when I dropped him off we had a little talk about following directions and when I picked him up this time he said "I follow directions!"

I think this was at the storytime center. I am not sure what he is doing but I love that you can see the little Batman figure in the picture. Christopher carried around Sully and Batman all week. When we got there on Monday he immediately ran to the toy section, opened the cabinet and took both of them out. I guess he loves on them alot on Sundays because he knew exactly where they would be.

This was the final night of VBS. The kids performed 5 songs. Christopher jumped around alot and did his best.... I think Matt and I should have watched through the window because he kept running over to sit with us instead of dancing. He certainly loved it when Te-te (Ms. Tiffany) was talking because he sat down real nice to listen.

He was slightly scared of the tour guide with the fake beard... 

Christopher got to meet Baby Garrett last week. He was all about holding the baby... and not letting him go!

Heather and I were sitting and talking when we heard the boys just babbling away... found them sitting at the table with their drinks and raisins.

Breakfast at IHOP with Granddaddy one morning. Not a pancake eater! Give him some yogurt, fruit and sausage and he is a happy boy.

We went to the pool with Granddaddy yesterday. This is after we got back. Christopher and Granddaddy shared an apple.

And this was before bedtime last night. Christopher was in quite a silly mood... at least he wasn't crying! When he woke up from his nap, he cried and cried and cried. The first thing he asked me was "Where daddy go?" I'm like work Christopher.. same place he has been all day for the 100th time. And then the tears came and they wouldn't stop. I want daaaaadddddy... I offered to show him videos of daddy, pictures of daddy, calling daddy. Nothing worked. Finally I asked if he wanted to take a shower. He perked right up. I lathered him up in daddy's body wash and shampoo, bundled him up in daddy's towel and let him lay down on daddy's side of the bed. Seemed to work! :)

Special thanks to the McLeod family for sending Christopher his first WVU jersey!! :)

Have a great rest of the week!
Be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment