Wednesday, April 18, 2012

6,570

Matt informed me this morning that 6,570 is the number of days until Christopher turns 18. I cried immediately because that doesn't seem like that many days.  And Christopher turned one day old today, so now we are down to 6,569....  and he also got circumcised. In fact that is where he is right now. He has been gone for 20 minutes and Matt and I feel like it's been an eternity. 

On a lighter note, I got to get out of bed today and walk around and I got to shower this morning!!! YAY! That was quite eventful since I almost fainted in the bathtub- what do they expect when all they let you eat the first day is jello and broth. PUH-LEASE. This girl needs carbs on a daily basis- surgery or not.  Mattie and I worked on swaddling as well today- even though I can honestly say we are not swaddlers. Hopefully we can perfect that soon because Christopher does love it.

I love his eyes... and so does Matt- because he is
staring away at them!

As I said before all of our family is in town- Lucky Christopher got to have his picture taken with both of his grandpas and his daddy. (I guess I didn't really do such a good job of getting Christopher in that picture huh?!)

my dad, Matt, Christopher and Matt's dad Jim


Matt, Christopher and Jim- 3 generations.

Christopher also had his first non-family member guest today- Auntie Dana.  He was so thrilled to meet her.

Auntie Dana

Cindy's husband also came to meet him after work today, so Christopher got to meet his Uncle Mark. 

Uncle Mark

As of right now we are going home on Friday... BUT they mentioned to me this morning that we MAY go home tomorrow. I certainly hope so. I am so ready to be at home with my little family. Unfortunately, I am having the worst gas pains ever... IN MY SHOULDER. So weird. They shoot through my whole arm, into my neck, and down my side. I think that's a very odd side effect of c-sections but apparently it can be one.  Hopefully that doesn't stop their decision to let me go home.

Love to all of you!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and Matt and of course Happy Birthday to Christopher! Haili was so excited to hear about your baby! Mike & Carrie Conti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOVE reading these!!! I knew you would be such a loving mommy from day1...enjoy every single second of it (i will leave it to you to calculate the seconds until 18yrs old!) Kiss those little toes for me! I love you :) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you put it into days it certainly sounds short. We are three years and four months away from it. Enjoy every second. I bet you already have his first bat/ball/glove set put aside!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! He is beautiful. Enjoy every moment! I never could swaddle. That was Alan's area! Get some of the swaddle blankets! They work great!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, he is absolutely beautiful! Congrats to you, Matt and your entire family on the new addition. I really hope that we get to meet him some day and I would love for you to meet Harper too. Motherhood is amazing and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. Keep updating your FB and blog so we can watch him grow from RVA! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete