Thursday, March 7, 2013

So You Think You Can Pin?!?!?!

PINTEREST is going to make me crazy!!! Before Pinterest, I considered myself a pretty creative person. To be an effective teacher, you have to be. I took pride in "recreating the wheel" because I had ownership for the lessons I created. Now, the first time I need something, I search Pinterest. And what in the world does this have to do with Christopher??? Yes, planning his first birthday party. If I had never looked at Pinterest, I guarantee, without a doubt, I would have created some cute things for his birthday WITHOUT being over the top. The memories, though, are for Matt and I, the fam and a few close friends that we hope will be part of his life-something for us to show Christopher when he gets older- "this is what we did for your first birthday." (I especially would like to get a good picture of Rocco licking him clean.) AND NOW, IT'S LIKE MY MIND IS BLANK. I just keep seeing all these pins from Pinterest. Now I have designated mom and Kate to be pinners and bring ideas to me so that my mind can breathe and MAYBE get some of my own creative juices back. We only have over a month left!

One of my most favorite "moms" of my friends is my friend Ashley.  Every year she posts on Facebook pictures of cakes that SHE makes- this year's was a frog. You can just tell how much her daughter loves the cakes because her mom made them and you can see how much Ashley loves making them for her. So of course, you know I have to make Christopher's cakes. Now I am not a baker... or a cake decorator. BUT neither is she and if she can do it, so can I! (Plus, I hate store bought cake so I imagine Christopher will as well.) Thankfully, this year it's only a baseball cake. How hard can that be??? :) :)

So those are my thoughts for the week. It has been on my mind all week every time I look at that little P icon on my phone so I thought I would share. :)

Ms. Jeanne told me Christopher has been sucking his fruits and veggies out of his little pouches, which I totally never knew because I still baby him and feed him with a spoon! The day she told me this I immediately came in and took out his straw sippy cups to see how he would do and he drank, set it down, drank again, set it down.... like he had been doing it for months. And I am sure he probably could have been. OOPS!

My mom kept telling me to give him a Girl Scout cookie for him to try. I gave him a bite of my Thin Mint, which he loved, and I got him a box of Lorna Doone shortbread cookies. He LOVES. Here he is enjoying dessert while I eat my dinner!

This is one of Christopher's books- Deep Sea Dive. We were FaceTiming the other night and I kept putting the cover on my face so Christopher wanted to try!

Just a quick video of Christopher and his pot. :)
Please excuse the cat's box that he tears up. We have them all over the house and yet he still tears up the carpet.


Here is a little video on Christopher getting woken up one day last week....

And Christopher beating the crap out of a chair. Thank God this table and chairs set is about 8 years old.

He finally made it onto the ottoman.

Since mastering climbing up onto the ottoman, Christopher thinks he can get on anything.

Andddddd... another morning wakeup! I actually got to be part of this one!

Can you tell Matt FINALLY updated our Dropbox account!!! Hope you enjoyed those videos! Which one was your favorite???? 

Big weekend coming up! Kate is coming to visit again! :) :)  She gets in tomorrow evening. I am sure she will take lots of pictures and maybe even do a guest spot!

She gets to babysit Saturday so we can go to a wedding! I hope she can handle the maniac on the changing pad! :)

Enjoy your weekend! It's gonna be BEAUTIFUL here in Atlanta!!!

1 comment:

  1. omg love the deep sea dive pic! too cute!

    had fun w/ you at the wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete