Sunday, August 16, 2015

Wedding Weekend

Can I say T.I.R.E.D?!?!? What a fabulously fun weekend, but my butt is officially whooped! My feet are actually swollen and I am not quite sure where my ankles went, but all the dancing and fun made it worth it.
We spent the night at the hotel Thursday, Friday and Saturday, even though the wedding was here in Atlanta. It just made everything so much easier. We got to visit with everyone and not worry about heading home at the end of the night. I got the pleasure of sleeping with Christopher in the King bed and Matt slept on the pullout- but I am pretty sure that he got the better sleep. When I woke up to a weird smell and realized Christopher's toes were in my nose, I was regretting my decision to accept the bed. The only time we ever sleep with Christopher is in situations like this (vacations) and only when we absolutely have to. In three years, he has never slept in our bed, and after this weekend I am reminded of why!
Christopher was the ring bearer and both Matt and I were in the wedding. Christopher did a great job walking down he aisle with his pillow and handing it off to Matt. He had to sit with mom and dad during the wedding and at one point during mass, I heard-- "mommmmy"in his whisper voice and then "hey nana, cut the pickle" (a hand game Heather taught him). Matt was the best man and was a nervous wreck up until after he gave his speech at the reception. I don't even think he ate half of his plate at dinner! Christopher and him tore up the dance floor, and I tried the best I could! It's hard to be a great dancer when you are this pregnant! Christopher's favorite move was the run and slide across on his knees. I was a bridesmaid and thankfully Sara said we could wear whatever shoes we wanted- so comfy flip flops were my choice! I had my hair done and makeup and you know, I prefer the plainer things in life so when I saw myself with full on makeup and my hair all done, I was like OH CRAP, but everyone else said it looked beautiful. I guess for some events a ponytail just needs to be replaced! :)
I didn't have my phone on me very much this weekend- and not at all Saturday, so I have very few pictures. Thank you to everyone who sent them to me or posted on Facebook.

Christopher got to ride the bus back without mommy and daddy. He was supposed to ride in a car with Nana and Granddaddy... but Mr. Spoiled went with Raquel and sat next to his girl, Lea, and I am sure he talked her head off. 

Avery was there! Christopher loved seeing her and holding her (for 4.5 seconds).

Goofing off with Eric after the wedding! 

Sara and Anthony waiting for the gifts at mass.

Avery snoozing away at the after reception party. Her stroller proved to be a great cupholder!

Anthony and Sara hosted a Welcome Reception at the hotel the night before the dinner. These three are soooooooo loud together, yet sooooooo much fun! 

Eric and Michelle after (almost) finishing their sushi boat.

Christopher and I on the way to the rehearsal.

The morning after the wedding. I couldn't wait any longer to get food. I made Matt get in bed with Christopher so I could go to eat. 

This might be Christopher's favorite part of the wedding.... Rocco is here to stay with us for the week while the happy couple is honeymooning. I am hoping Christopher will learn a valuable lesson through all of this- When he tries to tell Rocco what to do and Rocco doesn't listen, he says to me "Mommy, Rocco's not listening to me," I just say "Welcome to my world."

Have a great week! 
Be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment