Monday, November 25, 2013

Christopher's First 5K

I am so proud of my little guy. He participated in his first 5K this past weekend. I hope a) that it is his first of many and b) that he is a much better runner than mommy and daddy! Check out Christopher with his running buddy!
I was so grateful that Eddie agreed to walk/run with Christopher so that Matt and I could actually participate and NOT have to push the stroller. There were so many hills and I was not about to run that while pushing Christopher! I definitely wouldn't have beaten my previous time! Matt did beat me by a minute so I will have to work on that one! Eddie said that Christopher had a ball watching everyone and clapped for people as they went by! He even kicked his feet a lot, pretending to run.

I was so proud of Matt for agreeing to run!

Playing "give me that Frisbee" with Sara after the race!

In other big Christopher news.... he has now been converted to a big boy toddler bed! I cannot even tell you how much I was looking forward to Sunday. I had it all planned out.... Christopher was going to nap after lunch for his glorious 2 and a half hour nap and then Matt was going to take him to his sister's house for a bit. My plan.... Hallmark Christmas movies. I had my favorite one DVRed and ready to go. However, when I looked in the video monitor to check on him... Christopher wasn't there. He had climbed out of his crib. Being the crazy worrier that I am, we immediately dropped everything and headed to Babies R Us to get all the furniture mounts, completely redid his room and converted his bed. The good thing is that I took down what was on his walls when we moved furniture so now I need to decide what color to paint the room and what decor he is going to get. Obviously, something sporty. But anyway.... Christopher had to sleep in his new bed Sunday night. We put him down a few minutes early because we weren't sure how it was going to go. You should read the horror stories online. After 8 times of putting him back in his bed, he fell asleep. I used my SuperNanny techinques that I remember from her show- be firm, only talk during the first attempt, no snuggling... It took a total of 25 minutes, which was far less that I expected. Plus, there were no tears from anyone, which in my opinion, is a victory in itself. I apologized to Matt for my potential behavior before we even began the bedtime routine. Tonight, we put him down, read him a book and left the room. He got up once and headed to the door, but when I put him down again he stayed. He even stayed awake playing with Dino without getting out, so I would call it a success again tonight. Last night he didn't get out of bed until morning and hopefully, tonight is the same. 

And now after all of my rambling, here are just a few pictures from the past two weeks! 
Playing Peek a Boo.

The end result.

Waiting at the doctor's to get a flu shot. He screamed bloody murder the entire way home.

Swinging with Mar at daycare. I tried to swing him when I got there, but apparently I don't do it right.

Contained. Sometimes I want to contain him too! :)

Riding Rudolph!

One of our shots from our family pictures. Christopher was, like, the perfect model. He sat, smiled, looked at the camera, even posed almost in some pictures. I am so thankful for Stephanie and her husband - they kept him so engaged and knew when enough was enough.

Tomorrow it is going to be a nasty, miserable day here so maybe I will upload some more pictures and videoos.
Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment