Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Celebrations

Matt and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary yesterday. Like last year, we celebrated it by going out to dinner with Anthony and Sara this past weekend. I had been wanting to go to Social Vinings to try it out. That is where Sara and Anthony are having their rehearsal dinner so we went there and Christopher enjoyed an evening with Nana and Granddaddy. He loves getting baths with Nana.- probably because she lets him swim around and play until he is pruny. 

Christopher has been going through a phase where he is having a horrible time going to sleep on his own. He wants someone to lay with him, sing him a song, etc. I miss the days of him laying in bed with Dine for a few minutes and then falling asleep, but this too shall pass and he will be back to normal soon enough (I hope!). As much as I don't mind painting his face or singing Rudolph (his requested song) I do miss sitting on the couch with Matt and just vegging out. 

I read this article "How to tell if you have a Threenager" and you may remember my post awhile back called My Threenager. Well, the other day I saw it in full force. We were on our way from Ms. Jeanne's to my parents and I got in the lane to get on the interstate. We are literally on the interstate for less than 30 seconds to get there. NOOOOOOOOOO!!! I DON'T LIKE THE INTERSTATE. DON'T GET ON THE INTERSTATE. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU GET TO NANA'S. By the time he was done yelling about interstate, we were off the interstate and I was like WOW. And he was back to normal. I did remind him that to get to Disney you have to get on the interstate- to which he replied- No, we get on an airplane. Yikes. 

Enjoy the pictures!

We are taking care of our neighbor's cat for the week- I forget how much Christopher loves animals (especially little ones like cats and Sara's little dog, Luke). I told him when we went over there he needed to give the cat lots of lovin' and he certainly did. I had thought Stroonz was out of his mind, but every now and then he says something about missing him, how long will he be in heaven, is daddy bringing him home after work- that reminds me that he still remembers. 

Nana and Christopher are growing a sweet potato plant. We bought a sweet potato from a farmer's market and this is what has happened to it- it has grown a super long root and leaves at the top. Christopher likes to check it out when he goes over there. (Do you see the Magic Band on the table? He puts it on and asks to go to Disney Junior.)

Yesterday evening we had the perfect "dance in the rain" storm- no lightning or thunder, just lots of squeals and laughter. 

Matt got home from work around 5:45- we loaded the car with pizza and drinks and headed to the park for a picnic. I thought I was going to die when Matt was at the top and pulled out his phone to take a selfie. 

I certainly do miss playing at the park with him. I am just a bystander now. 

Sunday we went to the pool at like 9:30. We were the only ones there for a long time. Christopher and Matt had a great time together dumping freeeeeezing cold water on their heads. (It was only 68 degrees when we got there, so you can imagine how cold the water in the kiddie pool was!)

Granddaddy's birthday was yesterday so Christopher and I went over the night before to help make the cake. Granddaddy always wants a chocolate cake with walnuts- Christopher wanted sprinkles and marshmallows on his part. 

Helping to crack the eggs... not a fan of yolk on his hands.

But he did love licking the mixers.

Happy birthday!

Christopher asked Nana where the candle was- well Nana's birthday candles were at our house so Granddaddy had to blow out a giant candle. 

Loving that chocolate icing!

I gave Christopher some paint and a canvas....

and he worked to create this! I had to help him fill in the white spots and do the border, but Christopher worked super hard to create this for Caleb's room. He still has one more to do, but that toddler attention span only allowed for one at a time. 

That's all folks! 
Have a safe and happy Fourth of July! 
Be kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment