Saturday, October 24, 2015

Time for Your Check-up

Another week of maternity leave has flown by. I get to play "room mom" at Ms. Jeanne's and I am loving it! I get to make crafts for her, and calendars, and sign up sheets... so fun! Caleb is growing like a weed and really chunking out. I can imagine his weight gain from his one month appointment- we go on Wednesday for his 2 month checkup. He had a really fussy week last week but this week has turned around. He has trouble getting himself to sleep for naps, but since he is kinda clockwork, I put him in his swing and he goes right to sleep. Caleb goes down great at night and sleeps like a champ in his crib, but hasn't quite made the napping thing happen in there. 

Christopher is as crazy as ever. He has really developed this great scowl these past few months. I have to admit- he looks a lot like me when he does it. :) He had his second checkup at the dentist yesterday (pics below) and he was awesome. I couldn't believe when he let her use the scraper on his teeth. He was so brave because I could tell parts were uncomfortable for him, as his feet and legs would kinda tense up. We have been working lately on swishing and spitting without getting it everywhere and it showed when we went. I was so proud of him.  After that, we went to the doctor. Christopher has these bumps on his hand and his head and has had them since he was 2, but the doctors are always like- oh those will go away within a year on their- and well they haven't and he has gotten more on his face, so we went to get a prescription to get rid of them finally. He also got his flu shot. He asked if it was going to hurt- and I said, yes it will- a lot, but it will just be for a second and then it's over. He did great and got a new Imaginext toy- his most favorite thing right now. As soon as I pulled that out of my purse, the crying ended immediately. 

On the way to the dentist, he was asking me about his Superhero cereal and if it had sugar bugs in it and I told him yes, lots. I also said it was't very healthy for him to eat it and that he needed to start eating yogurt and granola for breakfast again. So he started asking me about lots of other foods and if they were healthy or not. Later in the day, we went to Chick-fil-a with Matt and he had chicken nuggets, applesauce and milk. He asked me if his chicken nuggets were healthy and I said no, and he wouldn't eat them. UGH. Everything he ate the rest of the day, he wanted to know if it was healthy or not, and if it wasn't, he wouldn't eat it. He asked if his pizza was healthy and before I could say no, everyone jumped in and lied to him and told him yes. This morning he asked for yogurt for breakfast and told Matt he couldn't eat cereal that was not healthy anymore. HA. I love him. 

Right now, Christopher is full of everything.... Mommy, I'm full of my dinner. Mommy, I'm full of playing outside. Mommy, I'm full of laying in my bed.  (Mommy, I'm full of .....)  :) It cracks me up. 

Enjoy the pictures! 


All done at the dentist! 

Getting all cleaned up! 

Caleb loves the lights on his activity mat. 

We didn't have yogurt, so he had daddy's cereal and fruit for breakfast. 

Hi Caleb! He is getting so big that his 3 month jammies are starting not to fit. 

Eric sent Christopher a football helmet. He kinda falls over when he has it on- those things are HEAVY!!

Caleb in his Notre Dame jersey- it's a little big still, but maybe another month and he will fit perfectly into it. 

Family photo on the way to church. (Caleb is in the carseat.)

Nana and Granddaddy taking Caleb for a walk so I could run some errands.

I took Christopher to the park and for a picnic with his buddy Elliot again. Christopher climbed to the top of this thing and scared the crap out of me. I told him maybe he could wait to do that again with Daddy. 

One night after dinner, I took these 2 munchkins to the playground in our neighborhood. Oh the conversations on our walk there... 

HA! :) Poor Caleb. 


A couple videos of Christopher singing to Caleb. 

Have a great weekend! 
Be kind.



No comments:

Post a Comment