Monday, October 5, 2015

Conversations...

I love listening to Christopher talk. He says the best things...

C (while peeing): Mommy, are you making dinner?
Me: No, I am feeding baby Caleb.
C: Oh, that must be my pee I smell.

We have been teaching Christopher how to shower by himself. He loves it and he feels so big and proud of himself when he gets out.
Caleb was laying on Christopher's bed and Christopher came into the room...
C: Hi baby Caleb! Oh he is smiling at me. He is happy because I showered all by myself.
Me: He is so proud of you!

Christopher went to the store with me and was my helper instead of a cart rider.
C: Mommy, do you want this?
Me: No, I don't like that.
C: Suit yourself.
Me:  What?
C: Suit yourself, mommy.

I tried to get him to help me unload the groceries...
Me: Christopher, hop out of your seat and grab a bag.
C (hands empty): My hands are full.
Me: There is nothing in your hands.
C (hands intertwined): My hands are full of hands.
Thankfully, his common sense turned on and he helped carry bags.

As for Caleb....
We don't really have conversations yet, but he is starting to coo and smile for real- not those fake gas smiles. He also wants to spend most days awake with me. Last week he wanted to sleep in the swing, and these past few days he has been having a lot of trouble figuring out how to fall asleep on his own (insert stressed out mommy face). Once he falls asleep he sleeps for a good 4-5 hours (with a bottle in the middle) but getting there has caused me a few more sparkly hairs.

Enjoy the pictures!

Ready for church! 
Matt and I ventured to church last weekend with both boys for the first time. Normally Christopher takes a toy/figure in each hand and all during church we say, be quiet, Christopher, but this time I didn't let him take anything and surprised him with stickers and pretzels and we didn't have to talk to him at all. 

He loves his Bolt dog. This was my dog that my friend Amy bought me when we were in elementary school.

Bolt likes to swing. 

On our way to lunch- just the three of us. 

Big Daddy meeting Caleb for the first time.

Lunch at Mellow Mushroom after Caleb's baptism.

Christopher being a daddy. 

Big Daddy with his 4 grandchildren.

This is Austin and Christopher's version of "playing"- in all seriousness they had been playing for hours and were taking a rest. They love their iPads. Austin came knocking on the door this day to get Christopher to play... and out C walked with his iPad in tow and they drove their cars... watching the iPad. :) 

Eating Uncle Anthony's ice cream! 

One month old. He weighed in at 9 lbs and was 22 and a half inches long at his checkup.

Everyone wears masks while driving to the store right?

Hanging out before bedtime.

Elliot came over yesterday to play with Christopher. Poor Matt was trying to get Caleb to sleep and the boys decided to have band practice.... I put a movie on for them. Aren't they cute? A huge couch and they had to sit right next to each other. 

Helping mommy make some witch hats.

Little stud in his suspenders... Matt's daily pic.

Had to send a picture to Matt this morning of both boys. I love my little preschool hunk. :) He is such a good big brother.

At Caleb's baptism. Sara and Anthony are his godparents. 

And a video...

We were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch last weekend but the rain put that on hold, so we will go this weekend!
Be kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment