Monday, April 29, 2013

Where's Daddy?

Matt went out of town this past week. He left Wednesday morning and returned Sunday afternoon. I don't think I posted about that on here for safety reasons. You never know who might blog stalk me. :) There are 2 weeks when you don't leave your wife home alone with a baby... the first week of school and THE WEEK OF TESTING! But he did.... and we survived. I could not have asked for a better baby while Matt was gone. My biggest fear was that he was going to wake up in the middle of the night and then I would be super tired all day... or that he would wake up between 530 and 6 when I planned on getting ready for work.... but he did neither! I think we were even a little earlier than normal for drop off at daycare! Our biggest snafu (sp?) was that the smoke detector in Christopher's room was chirping when we got home on Wednesday.  Of course I cried and yelled at Matt for leaving, but thankfully my neighbors Tiffany and Richard came to my rescue and helped me fix it and change the other ones! We really have been blessed with some good neighbors at our house- Tiffany walked around and entertained Christopher so I could work out on Thursday and then our other neighbors Jennifer and Robert had us over for dinner Friday night. Anthony came up Saturday morning to watch Christopher so I could work out again and then Lindsey came up to help me entertain him the rest of the day!

I think the part of the time with just Christopher and I that was my favorite was when I went in to wake him up for the first time Thursday morning- remember, Matt does everything with Christopher in the morning. He has him dressed and almost done with breakfast so that I can leave with him right after that. Well, when I laid him down on the changing pad, he kinda looked at me all weird... and then looked at the door... and then at me.. and said "dada?" Like he was genuinely confused. Could he have been? Is he old enough to realize that? I don't know. He definitely seemed to realize something was different because I am never there in the morning.

Here are the highlights from our week:

Christopher's first tailgate! I cannot wait to show him this picture when he has a real truck of his own and is sitting in the tailgate with a beer! We took this picture on Monday when Kate was still here.

Morning breakfast without daddy! We had to take a picture to send him.

Who knew the Magic Bullet could be so entertaining!

Christopher pulled out what was in the corner and climbed on in!

This child is obsessed with the spoon! I was eating cottage cheese while feeding him and thought he might like a little taste- well, he loved the cottage cheese! He would suck what was on it off and then hand the spoon back to me to fill it up again. The second night he wanted to do the scooping... That was a mess.

Visiting the guinea pigs at Jennifer's! Obsessed. When I would walk back in the other room, Christopher would fight to get down to go back in there!

The dollar aisle at Target is a dream! Enjoying our bubbles on the back deck.

Do I really need to explain?

A little walking video from Saturday... I uploaded a great one of him falling flat on his face to Facebook but somehow didn't upload it to DropBox. I will put that one on the next blog.

He has been doing this kind of walking for the past week or so, but yesterday he was really starting to initiate the walking on his own. He would stand up at a toy and then walk to the next or stand from the sitting position and walk to something, while before he would just crawl everywhere. I am sure today at daycare he crawled all over the place and didn't show off any of his skills he learned so that mommy looks like a liar! :)

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment