Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Birthday Weekend

What a week it has been! Christopher and I have been super busy since his birthday... well even on his birthday actually because unfortunately we had running around to do that day too! Things have finally settled down and sadly all of our guests have gone home. We went to the doctor on Thursday for his 1 year checkup and she couldn't be more pleased with his progress. While she was talking to me about his checkup she pulled out a bin of books and it just warmed my heart that he started pulling the books out one by one and opening them, pretending to read. I think she was even quite impressed, especially when he started babbling like he was reading a story to someone.


Sitting in the chair like a big boy waiting to be called. (Can you believe I actually let Christopher out of the house in this outfit?!?!?)

We had to send a picture to daddy of us waiting... NAKED BABY! Christopher weighed in at 22 pounds 14 ounces... and gained an inch and a half... but I can't quite remember what that number was.... I do remember that he is in the 78th percentile though, which is where he was for his 9 month checkup as well. His head circumference continues to top the charts, being in the 89th percentile! My cousin Ryan calls him Mr. Potato Head. :( I think he is growing into that head!

When we got home, Christopher had a card in the mail from his Great Aunt Mary Elda. Here he is reading his card.

And of course, his day wouldn't be complete without standing at the back door waving to the workers!

Christopher's birthday party was Saturday. I tried to keep it small- family and a few friends. After all you know how long it takes Christopher to take it all in.  Even small it took him a bit to loosen up! We had a baseball theme and you would think that I would have pictures of the food and the baseball glove cake right??? I don't. I was busy being the hostess!

Here he playing with his toy from Ms. Jeanne with his buddy Austin. 

I know it's the wrong ball, but at least he has the right idea!

I made Christopher's birthday cake!
I think it was the Devil's Food mix with vanilla icing.

Still singing....

He kind of picked at the cake with his fingers and then Kelly told me to get a fork... so I got a spork :) and he started eating! It was funny watching him suck it off!

Yummmmmmy!

Playing outside after his party. He took a nap for the last hour, thank goodness. You could see that he was really tired and he went right down.

Uncle Anthony got him this truck! Christopher loves being pushed around in it. He is so funny opening the door and climbing in. It was really neat to watch his problem solving skills to figure out how to get in the truck.


Nana and Kate pushed Christopher around alot in his truck! The floorboard does pop out so once Christopher learns to use his feet (and gets a little taller) he can move it himself.

Nana the Scientist picked up a caterpillar to show Christopher. Thank goodness she was there because Kate tried... and then screamed.

Here are a few videos for you! The first is of Christopher walking. I don't know what was going on Friday but he was a walking fool! He would go from couch to wagon, wagon to door, door to table... It was great. And then, nothing Saturday. Big Daddy got a little bit of it on video. And yes we cheered like that everytime he walked. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgqfdnnbh5j6uf8/Walking.mov

The next video is short and sweet- Christopher and Kate going down the slide!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mj9nwddblk8kw9/Slide.mov

No comments:

Post a Comment