Sunday, August 25, 2013

Super Saturday

What a fun day we had yesterday! Matt booked us tickets to ride the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway. You take a train from Blue Ridge to McKaysville (which is part in Georgia and part in Tennessee), stay there for 2 hours and then ride the train back.  It is 26 miles round trip and you follow the Toccoa River. It was so fun (and made me a little jealous) to watch all the people tubing and kayaking along the river. What little kid wouldn't love riding the train? This was Christopher's face when we got there.
Doesn't that just scream excitement?

And this one I imagine he was thinking how great his parents are.

These were some of my favorite shots I took of the trip. Matt got a great family pic but he is mowing the lawn right now and I am sure he would be annoyed if I asked him to send it to me! :) I will add that to the next update!

Dining at the restaurant we chose. Dining options weren't that great. Just a lot of little places, but our food was good. Christopher loved sucking the ketchup off his fries and grabbing the lady's chair behind him so I am calling it a successful lunch. There was one group of people that were loud and annoying on the train and of all the places they had to choose, they chose this place as well. There's just something about a 60 year old woman in a halter top that makes me cringe.....

Matt decided to leave Christopher in Georgia while he went to Tennessee!

Christopher was awake and lively for the first 15 minutes of the ride back and then spent the rest of the time like this. We were towards the front of the train on the ride back which meant that the whistle was really loud. He loved it for the first 15 minutes but once he got tired everytime it would go off he would squeeze Matt's neck...

like so. Didn't cry or anything... Just needed some loving.

I would say Matt did a great job picking out this trip. Everything went right as he planned it. Christopher slept the whole way there, was awake and had a blast the whole time, and then slept the car ride back home. We ended the evening over across the street with some hotdogs and hamburgers. Christopher had a great time playing with his buddy Nicholas! Even though Nicholas is a few years older than Christopher, he is so sweet to Christopher.
He did have a shirt on at one point. :)

And a random pic from the week.... 

Helping mommy with laundry Friday after work... if that's what you want to call it. Christopher is actually a great laundry helper. I hand him each piece of clothing and he throws it in the dryer. It takes a lot longer, but he laughs the whole time so I guess it's worth it!

And my favorite workout picture from the week!
Isn't that the best shirt ever!?!?! Anthony bought it for me as an early birthday present!

And some random videos...

First time through the car wash  This is a long one, so I would only watch the first minute. That's when he does the best faces.
Dancing to the keyboard This is one from when mom was here.
Anthony's #1 fan  A little guitar playing
Kate being a little baby I'm sorry Kate. I had to. LOL. Not a Christopher video but I wanted to be sure I never lost this video so putting it on the blog ensures that! :)
Showing off his backwards moves
Just a typical Saturday morning

And that's it! Hope everyone has a Happy Sunday! One full work week and then a 3 day weekend!! WOOT WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment