Thursday, August 22, 2013

Walk, Don't Run

This week has been the week of boo-boos. I started out the week leaving work early to get Stroonz to the vet. He had scratched himself and I was freaking it out that it was worse than it really was. Then I had to take poor little Kate to the Urgent Care because she fell during a workout. When I picked Christopher up from daycare the next day, he looked like he had cherry popsicle on his face.... Nope. He fell while playing outside. I thought we could make it through Wednesday without any trouble... until I went to get him again and there were more cuts on his face. Hence, the title of the blog post. Walk, Christopher! Don't run all the time!  Poor baby is all scratched up. Somehow he looks even cuter though.
He looked so snazzy today.

His helmet arrived Wednesday but I didn't torture Ms. Jeanne by making him wear it to daycare.

The first fall.

Christopher had a great time this past weekend with Kate... when he decided that he liked her. LOL. Here are a few pics that Kate sent me that she took!

Christopher was so excited Kate was here that he couldn't get off the floor!

Hanging out!

If that doesn't scream "I'm a tough guy" I don't know what does!

Giggling like crazy with Kate!

Such a sweet face. Thanks mom for putting on my shoes!

We took Daddy on the train Sunday! Matt has never experienced the mall train before.... We were all very nervous about what he might be like when it was over because the last few times he hasn't been a very happy camper! This time he took the train ending well though thankfully! He wasn't too happy though at the beginning when we were next in line and realized we couldn't get on yet! That was a fun stroller ride around JCPenney to calm him down.

Happy boy! I love how he holds on to the ticket the whole way!

Kate got to babysit Christopher so I could take Stroonz to the vet. Stuffing Stroonz into the carrier scared the crap out of Christopher though. Everytime we would try, Stroonz would freak out and then Christopher would cry and cry. It was quite adventurous. I wish we had set up a video camera to film it!

I wish Kate was here to write about this picture she sent me. I got it and thought "awwww.... how sweet" but when I got home Kate informed me about the real meaning of the picture. Christopher was testing Ms. Kate!

We had a dance party before our workout (aka...when Kate got injured).

Sunday morning Matt fulfilled his dream of making a fort with Christopher. It wasn't the best because it was a very sporadic fort building session but Christopher loved it and now we know what we need to get for the next time.

We used the basketball hoop, the big car, 2 chairs, the couch and bunch of blankets. Sheets would have been better but now we know for next time!

Everyone was in there!

Thank goodness it is almost Friday!!! This week really has flown by, I always think how great that is for the school year, but how sad it is because our life is just flying by. Christopher has seemed to grow up tremendously just within the past few weeks. I love all the words he is saying and all the mimicing he is doing of us.

We are taking Christopher on an adventure Saturday so I will blog about that when we return!
Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know who is more excited about the adventure tomorrow....Christopher or Matt? Matt's been talking about it ALL WEEK! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is super excited huh?!?! Hope it all goes well! :) I am a little nervous about an hour train ride with C. PS- totally know how you feel about the booties on your blog! Not sure if I would look good in them! But I LOVED the Calvin Klein fold over ones!!

      Delete