Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend of Fun

I think Christopher may have had one of the best weekends! In fact, I would say he had a pretty good week.... and I think I got a good amount of pictures and videos too!

Saturday he slept in, played and then got to spend the rest of the day with Ms. Jeanne! Beyond excited I am sure. Long story short- Matt and I had plans. Ms. Jeanne's daughter had to work part of the time she was supposed to babysit. Ms. Jeanne to the rescue. We look at it like Christopher rented out daycare all for himself. I can only imagine the fun and attention he had while there! After we picked him up, we came back to the house and his friend Austin came over to hang out and I ordered pizza with black olives on it just for him. He loves him some black olives. (not so much pickles though... maybe I should have named his blog "Growing Up Oliveto"). And bedtime- normally 7:59... was 9:30 that night! I kept thinking I needed to put him to bed but seeing the fun he was having, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Here is he playing at Ms. Jeanne's!

Come play with me!

Christopher and Matt. The big joke is that Christopher used to high five everyone except for Matt. Now, I think he loves him! He walked up to his seat, crawled up into his lap, and just hung out. We were all in shock!

Playing with Nicholas!

What?!?! Did you see the kitty come out of the hole? High five man!

Their little jam session.

Whoa Austin! That was good!

Sunday we woke up and hiked Kennesaw Mountain! We had been carrying Christopher around the house in his backpack carrier and he loved it so we tested it out. We made it to the top of the mountain! I don't know how Matt did it. Christopher weighs about 25 pounds.  About 10 steps into the trip, Christopher started saying "Get down." Thankfully that's all he said and there wasn't any real complaining from him. The way back down it when that started, so we took him out and he was happy as could be RUNNING down the road. (We didn't hike back down- we took the road.) I was a nervous wreck because his feet were going super fast, he didn't want to be carried, and he took a few spills. No crying thankfully. Probably because Eddie was there and he wanted to look tough in front of him. :) We spent the rest of the day playing and playing and playing! Christopher got a new-to-him battery operated car from his buddy Nicholas, which he was so excited about that he screamed when I brought him back in from seeing it! :)


Heading to the top! This was right at the beginning!

At the top!
Thanks for the picture Eddie!

Give mommy YOUR HAND!

No way, mommy. I don't need your hand!

But sure I will hold Daddy's hand.
Because Daddy is way more fun than mommy.

And here are some pics from the week!
Who knows. He kisses everyone and everything he can.

Lunch with Austin!

Gimme more crackers!

Relaxing after a long day. Christopher never lays with me like this, so I was very happy when he decided to!

Box-head!

This is the reaction I get from reheated Papa Johns, microwaveable broc and cheese and fruit. Just think the reaction I might get from a gourmet meal!

Christopher and Richard!

I picked Christopher up from daycare on Tuesday and he had an allergic reaction to something! Didn't seem to bother him but it sure bothered me.


I wish this was a clearer picture because he was so cute but at least you can see how cute he looked in his outfit that day. Christopher has been blowing through breakfast lately so he gets a little playtime in the morning while I eat.

His first homework assignment. We had to put pictures of grandparents on apples for the family tree!

And now the videos...
tickle, tickle
babbling away
slow down, christopher!
having fun with austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment