Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Day of Firsts

When I became pregnant with Christopher, I kept telling Matt that I was going to become a runner after he was here. It's been a year and I am not a runner, but I do run more than I ever have before. In fact, Wednesday night I made it from my house to the end of the neighborhood and back- all for a total of a mile and a half. :) Quite the runner right?!?! Today Anthony and I ran a 5K. He had been trying to talk me into doing on for awhile and so when he called Tuesday night and said he found one with an obstacle course at the end- I couldn't say no- even though it was just 4 days away. Hence why I ran Wednesday night. I made it though and I ran the whole time! Therefore, I am absolutely exhausted.

Pre5K and Post5K- Yes, I wore makeup. I figured if I passed out and ended up in the hospital I wanted to at least look presentable.

Running by Matt and Christopher at the start of the race! You can see Anthony is nowhere to be found.

Eddie and I- post race. He didn't run but I convinced him to come along and watch!

Anthony and I- post race.

Christopher must have been beyond excited about this morning because he was up before our alarms went off. He normally does pretty good on the weekends with sleeping in a bit- not today! Needless to say, he made it to the race, but had to leave before the obstacle course started!

We went out to lunch after Christopher woke up from his morning nap. Here he is reading his Chester Raccoon book to us.

The boy loves some pizza. He will even eat it with peppers and onions and he loves pepperoni slices!

Christopher had a first today too! He made his first official trip to the pool! I took him last year a few times, but those trips don't count because all he did was sleep and lay in his stroller. Today he actually got to get in the kiddie pool and play around. He loved it!!! I couldn't get him to wear his PuddleJumper thing we bought so I am going to have to find something else for him to wear for "floaties"  - I saw some other kids in them but they looked a year or two older than he is. I made a quick run to CVS to see what they had and we got him this blow up boat looking thing which he could sit in and he seemed to like that. My plan is to hit up Target tomorrow morning to see what I can find him! Here is a video of him entering the pool for the first time! https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6c9eimby232vgi/Video%20May%2025%2C%202%2008%2047%20PM.mov


Facetiming with Nana to show her our first trip to the pool!

Looking up at Uncle Anthony!

Here is one more video from the week. Christopher and I went out to dinner with Dana Wednesday night! She decided to give him a lemon- I cannot believe that I had not given him one before! This video is a little longer than normal- but it is cute to see his faces! https://www.dropbox.com/s/z30l0u0dw462v4s/Video%20May%2022%2C%206%2014%2029%20PM.mov

And just a couple randoms....


Playing outside one morning at daycare.

Another day of picking out daddy's shoes! Christopher will only get to do this for 3 more days!! I think Matt is a little sad that Christopher won't be up when he goes to work over the summer, but we promised to come for lunch a few times.

And that's it! Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Angie! I am not a runner myself...I have ran ONE 5k in my life...and didn't love it...hence why I am no marathoner today. Congrats!!

    Also--give me a heads up on when you plan to come for lunch so I can avoid having a contractor lunch! :)

    Can't wait to hang out with ya'll June 22nd!!

    ReplyDelete