Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I completely ran out of gas yesterday so I apologize for not having a Sunday update ready! To be honest, I didn't even open up my laptop at all this weekend- to do anything, school or home related. That was kinda nice!

Yesterday was Mother's Day- my second. I was thinking how I couldn't even remember last year's Mother's Day because it seems like forever ago and said "What did we do?" But thankfully I have this wonderful blog and I knew exactly what we did! Christopher was fussy all day long. Well, a year later... and he was NOT fussy all day long! SUCCESS! It is amazing how much a little guy can change in one year!

Matt got Christopher out of his crib and went downstairs to get his present to me. I could see their shadows on the wall and heard Matt say "Walk this to mommy" and in toddled Christopher! I have been saying that I wanted a new bracelet to wear on a daily basis instead of my Pandora and I got the sweetest bracelet with a sideways cross on it. Perfect. Thanks to anyone who may have helped in finding that present.... :)

Matt asked me what I wanted to do to celebrate my day and I told him I wanted to go run the bleachers- like any normal mom would want. duh. That didn't happen unforunately, but we did hit up Swift Cantrell for a fun morning walk/run. Check out all this new outdoor workout equipment they got donated by Life University- Super cool! Christopher and I will definitely be here over the summer!

We came home and put Christopher down for his nap and I sat outside and read a book. Then when he woke up Matt took him to the store... so I got to sit outside some more and read a book!! I got my first burn on the front for the summer so I am officially pool and tan ready! After that, we played outside with our neighbors for a bit until it was time for Christopher's next nap. Plus the child needed some serious cleaning. Tiffany had gotten out the sidewalk chalk.... and of course Christopher sat in it, rolled in it, fell in it.....ate it. We had dinner on our new patio furniture and just enjoyed the rest of the evening! I will say Matt makes me feel appreciated everyday, so today wasn't too different from normal. :)

Here are some randoms!

Little Nicholas from across the street had shown me how to put together this toy we had been given, so after bathtime we had some playtime with it.


Chowing down!

Eating a bite of Daddy's pizza!

I know this isn't Christopher related... but it is McDill related so it counts! Hopefully you all knew it was Teacher Appreciation Week this past week and if you have kids I certainly hope you showed their teachers a little bit of love! Well, my favorite store was giving an additional discount if you showed your teacher badge... so I snapped this pic and sent it to Matt the morning of the sale so he could go! :) And it worked! I got 2 shirts and a cardigan.

He now prefers to open the tailgate and stand in it.

This picture is from last Monday when it rained its butt off here! We worked out downstairs in "Gym McDill" so Matt was on kid duty. This is Nicholas and Christopher playing together.

Helping daddy with the laundry on Friday. And yes I can honestly say just Daddy did the laundry. I was not only Friday tired... but Field Day Friday tired... which is ten times worse than Friday tired.

Watching tv with his daddy.

I can never get a good shot of the two of us!

And here is one random video of took Christopher this week, but please listen to it without sound. I am the loudest gum chewer there is. I have ruined so many cute videos because of it. However, I didn't take too many videos this week, so this is all you get! (My kids at school are going to be so disappointed. They love Christopher videos!)  https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyjbfvv9m5vsdmy/Video%20May%2008%2C%205%2041%2022%20PM.mov

Only 8 more days with children!!! And then summer!!!!!! (Well after 4 long days of post planning, but whatever, that involves a lot of socializing and eating lunch out!!)

Have a great week. I hope your weather is as beautiful this week as ours is going to be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment