Saturday, April 26, 2014

Family Post

Dad always used to say "the family that ____ together, stays together" and he would fill it in with whatever he wanted us to do... prays together, eats together, laughs together, throws together, etc. Well, today, the family that runs together, stays together!

I am titling this Family Post because I am including some fun videos and pictures of Uncle Anthony's Tough Mudder. We had out 5K and Tot Trot this morning and then spent the rest of the day watching him run and do obstacles.... okay, maybe 5 minutes watching him and 3 hours waiting around for him in the scorching sun. :) But it was definitely worth it!

Enjoy the pictures!
Christopher got some new running shoes! Well, in all honesty, he just needed a light colored pair of tennis shoes for summer, but they shall double as his running shoes...  :)
 
After we all got done! Thank you Eddie for pushing Christopher so that Matt and I could run!

Matt and I placed first in our age divisions! (There weren't that many people there... I think we should find all the races like that. I like winning medals. I never would have thought at 32 I would win anything.... especially anything for running!)

Eddie and Christopher running to the finish line!

We got to see Anthony at an obstacle. I thought he would be all business but he seemed excited to see us and came over to chat!

Stepping in to the Funky Monkey.

I love his knee socks!

Waiting for Uncle Anthony to get to the last obstacle!!! We waited... and waited... and finally he came!
 
Anthony at the end of Family Feud I tried to throw these red buoys at him to knock him off but he didn't budge.
Christopher in the Tot Trot I think he took third. The two older boys won... but Christopher was the only one who went down in the ready position when they said "on your mark..."
 
And that's it! What a Saturday. I am spent and heading to BED. I offered Christopher $100 if he slept til 8 tomorrow. I guess we will see if he understands the concept of money yet. 

 Have a great Sunday!
Be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment