Sunday, December 2, 2012

Three Philosophers- by Matt

Well, well, well.....what do we have here.  Possibly the greatest guest blogger of ALL TIME???  Today's blog post brought to you by Matt aka Dad aka HOY (husband of the year) aka Me.  Anthony...save your comments....

As those that have too much spare time on their hands and obsessively check this blog (guilty as charged myself actually) may wonder why I didn't write my blog post last Sunday during my "designated" slot.  And to that I say...I have no reason.  Really though I wanted a weeks worth of pics/videos to comment on as opposed to just last Sunday since family was departing that day and we were winding down from our Tryptophan comas. 

With regards to the title, since the first words out of my wife's mouth this morning on my Birthday were "stop being so philosophical", I have provided quotes/thoughts from us three philosophers (M - mom, D - dad, and C - christopher).  Before we get started, I'm sure everyone is interested as to why Angie said that to me this morning....blame it on old age I suppose, but unfortuantely neither of us have any idea what it was in reference to.  I'm sure it was something stupid...

Example:
**Even upon writing this, Angie made it a point to lean over and remind me that Birthday is not capitalized, being the teacher that she is.  To which I saay...it's my birthday d*****, I'll capitalize it if I want to. 

Here we go.....

M - Matt, don't let him lick the permanent marker (odd because Angie doesn't worry about much)

D - You have 5 months to master the curveball son.

C - Where's that cat....

 M - Matt, don't let him lick the permanent marker

D - Just a thought kid...but that, what some may call a "glove", next to you, may come in handy right about now

C - Seriously...haven't we done this 6 times already?
M - Matt, don't let him lick the permanen.... (sorry...thought a pattern was developing).  Get comfy kid, you may stay in this tent at daddy's office all day so I can catch up on my DVR'd shows.  Side note...I do not work in an Outdoors Store, we just completely randomly have a kid's beach tent in our office.

D - You are just too dang cute of a kid for anyone to expect me to just go back to working for a few more hours once you leave!?

C - Oh look, they put me in a tent...in an office....idiots.
M - Christopher makes friends so easily!!

D - Ladies man....well played sir

C - I officially empathize with zoo animals.

M - Dead tie for who is cuter

D - THAT'S my boy

C - That beard makes you look distinguished, Father.

M - Do you think it's ok that his shirt says Santa, even though we are at church seeing St. Nick?

D - If you poop on my lap...that will be considered being naughty.

C - I don't actually have to help, right?

M - OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG (happy voice)

D - OMG........... (disturbed voice)

C - WHhhhhhhooooooaaaaaaaaaaa

M - A new Christmas book every day until Christmas Day!! 

D - I know buddy, I told her that you can amuse yourself by just sitting around making fart noises with your mouth....she insisted on buying all of these books though.

C  - Tis the season Dad, get with the program.  A new book a night or I go on strike.

M - I love Christmas

D - Son, I think it's time we had that "talk"...about locomotive trains and more power!! (insert Tim Allen/Home Improvement grunt)

C - Oh look...it's 1983...

M - Don't you think you'd much rather have a ND hat?

C - Is this the team that just came up 5 yards short from going to play mommy's team?

D - Salt in wound kid....salt in wound.

M - Is he breathing? (She asks me this ALL OF THE TIME, regardless of what he is doing....even if he's crying or babbling...)

D - Looks like it's Miller Time my man

C - Honestly....could have easily held my own bottle MONTHS ago...suckers.

M - *She actually had nothing to say because she was outside training with Eddie...hence the food EVERYWHERE due to the Dad the relief feeder this night.

D - Saving some for later...I like your style.

C - I smile for picture now, but you have 5 seconds to clean my face.  I've worked too hard to get this cute and cannot afford any blemishes. 

M - Please tell me he's finally calmed down and is napping

D - Are you seriously "wishing upon a little star" that he is down for his nap at the bottom of the steps right now..?

C - You guys are both just creepily outisde my room listening to me aren't you...

M - Matt, we are in public...don't make that RAHHH noise...it's making Christopher get loud

D - .....RAHHH....

C - I'll let the video do the talking

M - That's cute...your son, your water, your cleanup.

D - I just saved hundreds of dollars on toys.....

C - Is this a pool??


Happy Holidays everyone!!  Hope you enjoyed my guest blog post.

BEAT THAT ANTHONY.....

No comments:

Post a Comment