Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good: Spring has sprung and the weather is starting to warm up again! It was a cold start to the week but by Thursday and Friday the weather was beautiful in the afternoons, which meant playtime outside for Christopher! It also meant there was beautiful weather for his Easter Egg Hunt at daycare!!!

There are supposed to be whiskers on his face but we are just thankful we got a nose! I also forgot to put on his bunny ears when we were hunting for eggs. Yes, Ms. Jeanne made them all bunny ears and each kid had their own because she did them according to their head size. How in the world with little kids like this- I don't know. I don't think I could even do one!

Someone is trying to steal his egg. I may or may not have thrown an elbow. Christopher was so good about picking up the eggs and then I would shake his arm really hard so that he would drop the egg in the basket.

Christopher was so cute with this egg. It was a big one and he just was standing there shaking it! I kept saying... come on. Take a step. I should have nudged him forward a little, but we were in the exact spot where another little girl fell and bonked her head so I didn't wanna chance it being a jinxed spot. :)


There we go! Full on (without the whiskers) bunny!

Christopher got to sit at the big kid table and eat his Goldfish! I cannot believe he can just sit there like that. Sad. Christopher kept stealing Goldfish from the kid next to him... and that kid kept stealing Goldfish from the little one next to him. The grass isn't always greener, boys.... (In Christopher's case it actually is though because the boy next to him had WHOLE Goldfish. I didn't realize that he could eat Goldfish (so I broke his up) which makes me very happy because I do love me some Goldfish!)

Thankfully a little girl from school spends the afternoons there so she was my picture taker! Matt has been super busy (so he says) so he had to work and couldn't come to the party. She took so many pictures that my space was full! These were just some of the highlights.

The Bad: Someone was Mr. Grumpypants 2 days at daycare this week. Who knows why but he was just not his normal self this week. He didn't eat very well those 2 days and he didn't exactly take the best naps. Ms. Jeanne said he got up from one of his naps and NOTHING would make him happy- not even a pretzel!


He refused to get into his highchair at dinner at Wednesday. The only way I could get him in was to lure him in with banana. And then he was the pickiest eater... on stuff he normally eats! So on Thursday... I made him all of his favorites so that I didn't have to go through that again!

Black beans with garlic.... and macaroni and cheese... and for dessert- WATERMELON! yummmmmmm!


The Ugly: Holy God I cannot get him in his carseat. He is a strong little boy! Sometimes he gets right in.... and sometimes I start to sweat and he starts with the tears. Thursday it took me 9 minutes to get him in his carseat- 9 MINUTES!!! We were supposed to go to the mall and see the Easter Bunny but after that- there was no way I was going through that again in a mall parking lot. No thank you.

And just a few random pics...

I love my daddy.

BLACK BEANS AGAIN!?!?!?!

Sock lover.

See yall tomorrow for a First Easter update! 

No comments:

Post a Comment