Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Happy Snow!

Oh my goodness! What a complete whirlwind yesterday was. I went to work thinking I would pick Christopher up early and we would hit the grocery story and watch the snow. Instead, Christopher stayed at daycare later than normal and by the time we made it near Publix, I had already decided to rely on my neighbors for any food we would need (especially if the power was out). Thankfully the power is on and we have plenty of chicken nuggets... but only one apple. Yikes! I am going to have to ration that out to the apple-monster.  We made it home and I layered Christopher up and we went to play in the snow.
Snow!

This is definitely Christopher... just didn't get a good face shot!
 
Mr. Matt took Christopher on a sled ride since daddy wasn't home!

Staying warm inside... waiting on Daddy to finally be home.

Look Ma! I got a dog-doo. Yes, that is how we say doggie.

Mr. Richard and his little munchkins

Let's go back in time a little bit because I REALLY wished I had posted last week, but I just had no time.  I think this post would have truly shown my "voice" if I had done it in real time...
After I dropped Christopher off at daycare last Tuesday Matt got a text asking about Christopher's limp. What limp? Christopher doesn't limp. When Matt emailed me asking about it, my first thought was OH. MY. GOD. HE HAS AN INGROWN TOENAIL. I am a terrible mom because I can't cut his nails. Everyone talks about the choke hold to pin their children down and I just can't do it...Christopher  HATES when I try to cut those things. I normally can get like one done before he is completely over it. I finally went to pick him up and Mark and Ms. Jeanne helped me clip those bad boys and we were on our way. Except, when I got home... I was thinking there wouldn't be a limp and there still was. So. I googled. BAD MOVE... especially on a night when Matt wasn't supposed to be home til 9. I had pretty much diagnosed Christopher with everything under the sun- with my main focus on all the worst outcomes. He couldn't even run to Matt when he got home (which was earlier than 9). I spent the next day worried out of my mind and we made an appointment for him at the doctor for that afternoon. When I picked him up to take him, Ms. Jeanne showed me a video of him running around like a crazy maniac (typical Christopher) but we took him anyway because there was still a slight limp. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong with him and referred us to get an x-ray. We decided to hold out and see if it got better and if it wasn't gone by Friday, then we would take him. But Friday came and the limp was gone, and my dreams of an athlete were still in tact.

Apparently someone didn't want to hug back. I think it was 5:30 and he was ready to leave the doctor's! Or he was just watching what was on TV up there.
 
And now for the random pics and videos!
Lunch at Miss L's

Christopher put himself in timeout. One day this week I was telling my mom and dad that he got put in timeout at daycare for taking cars from kids and he put his head down and walked over to the corner and sat there. It was so sad. I kept telling him he could get up, but he waited a little bit to move!

Heading to the doctor! I love his face in this picture. Well, maybe I love his little bits of hair coming out of the hat.

He was so angry when I got there to pick him up this day. He had to be woken up to go home and he wanted to get some playtime in after his nap so we sat and he played cars at the table for 10 minutes and then was ready to go!

Out to dinner. We never eat out anymore, but Christopher took a great nap this day and was in an awesome mood so we went. He got to sit in a booster seat and was completely chill. In fact, he kept looking at Matt and then trying to hug him and putting his head on his shoulder. I think he was so proud to be a big boy.

Going the wrong way on the slide...

We went for a run and stopped to play for a little bit on the way home.
 
Always a choo choo on the way home it seems!

We brought down the car mat and cars to play! Toy rotation.

Not sure.... Matt sent this to me while I was out.
 
And this one is for Ms. Jeanne. I would just like to say I was not home when this occurred so if Christopher thinks your train table is a bed, that's not my fault.

This is from MLK Day. Gorgeous weather...

Telling Austin to go to his choo choo.
 
Slide fun!
Squirt bottle giggles  (Kate- I think this will be your favorite!)



No comments:

Post a Comment