Thursday, April 5, 2012

Awaiting the Dynamic...

One thing Matt and I have been discussing lately is of course.... Stroonz.... and wondering what the dynamic between him and Christopher will be.  Stroonz isn't like most cats who ignore their owners and prefer to be left untouched.  He is IN YOUR FACE at all times.  Every day this week he has gone downstairs with Matt when he left for work... and 5 minutes later he comes back upstairs to cuddle with me in bed. He is so loyal.

Plus, he is quite techy- ipad, kindle, and remote!

Lately, his new obsession is the pack and play downstairs.  He has no interest in the pack and play upstairs, unfortunately, because it won't be used nearly as much as the one downstairs.  I had to resort to taking off the pack and play sheet and putting his blanket on.  When I took off the pack and play sheet, he went over to the vibrating seat and tried to get in. He really is loving all of his new toys!

No more sports sheet for you, Stroonzie!

My biggest fear is that a certain someone might be allergic to him- but I guess we will deal with that when the time comes. I'm allergic and I am fine. :) Stroonz isn't afraid to bite and scratch though so the first baby grab at him will be quite interesting!!! Hopefully Matt is around to handle that one.

Stroonz on his blanket.... he has been there all morning!
Defnitely not a fan of photo-ops during his nap!  

2 comments:

  1. I think Stoonz will be fine. Our other black kitty was a in your face kitty too, she followed you everywhere. She loved Hans and was gentle when he got her tail, she never bit him. Fudgie is the same way with Sadie, I think it is a black kitty thing. All the black kitties I have known have been that way. Babies don't develop animal or seasonal allergies until sometime after 2. Stroonz will share and give sweet kisses to Christopher :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cat Blue loved the baby swing and the bassinet. And our cats slept in our bed (one of them was usually on my back). We didn't have a pack n play at first, otherwise he would have been in that I am sure. Anyhoooo, it all worked out. We'd shoo the cat off of whatever and we'd put the baby in. You will just have to not care about the baby getting some cat hair on him. The babies slept in our bed, and the cats never bugged the babies.

    The cats never bit the kids. Hopefully, it will be like that for you. Otherwise, you know I collect children, so just send the baby here. :)

    ReplyDelete