Friday, April 20, 2012

A Whole New World

Here Christopher is... all ready to go home! We were able to go home Thursday instead of Friday!! I was kinda torn on which day to push for because I really liked my night nurse that I had both Tuesday and Wednesday and she was working again Thursday evening. She was an older lady named Patsy and was just so helpful. She helped us figure a lot of things out and just adored Christopher. I know that's what they get paid to do but it was nice. Obviously I chose Thursday. I figured let's just get home and start this new adventure!! Plus, my BFF was a Labor and Delivery Nurse for a few years....I am sure she can answer any questions I have.

Matt had to show Christopher his wall hanging that he had made, especially for him. You know the moment we got home, Christopher had to get a tour of the whole house.  We were so excited to show him the nursery- I get that he really has no idea, but it was still fun to show him everything we did and made to get ready for his arrival.

Finally relaxing on the couch. After a long day of packing up and tours :) Mattie got to enjoy some time on the couch with Christopher- easily one of his favorite things to do. That's a little glimpse of Christopher's going home outfit- Daddy's Little Rookie.

Here he is trying out his swing Ms. Stacy and Emerson gave him to use.  He looks so small in it. After being in that we put him in the vibrating seat, propped him on the island and enjoyed some homemade stuffed shells. Lunch consisted of everyone staring at Christopher because this is when Stroonz decided to see what he was all about... just a few sniffs here and there and he was done. With full tummies, Mattie and I enjoyed a really long nap after that! :) It is so nice to have family.

Bath time- really!?!?! Why is he looking at me like I am the crazy one- I like baths! What an experience that was. One job I would never want would have to be the bather of newborns at a hospital.  Christopher screamed like crazy the entire time.... and then stopped as soon as I lifted him up.. and personally I think he smiled at me when it was over. I love the faces that he makes- especially this one.

Christopher went to the doctor today. We chose Kennesaw Pediatrics- So many people on Facebook have such great things to say about them and it was a perfect choice.  He had to a have a fruemen-blah-blah-blah. Something about the little thing under his tongue didn't give him enough movement to nurse fully and he had it snipped.  Luckily there are no nerve endings there so he was perfectly happy when it was over... and looking cute as ever.

Here they are together! It seems to be working out well. We lost our changing table for the pack and play... but there is always the floor! Rocco came tonight to meet Christopher... and definitely wants to give him more attention than Stroonz. But he also weighs 60 more pounds and wants to lick him up. One day Christopher is more than welcome to ride him around... just not yet! :)

My dad leaves tomorrow to go back to Virginia Beach. I am so sad :( I think Christopher has enjoyed his time with his "mommy's daddy". (Name soon to come I hope) My mom did get a great picture of now the 4 most important men in my life on her camera.  I will upload that soon! 

It is so nice to have parents that always come to help and do anything I need them to. Mom is staying for another week to help for when Matt goes back to work. Oh god will that be a post in itself. Ugh. I will end right there before I get emotional.

Have a blessed day!! :)

3 comments:

  1. That face! In the carseat...heart melt.

    Good thing they figured that about his tongue. Some people have lots of trouble for months and finally figure that out.

    He seems so awake in a lot of your pictures. How'd the first night at home go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I am so glad you have this blog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...names for your Dad??? Pop-E, G-daddy or even E-Daddy. My kids never got to pick a name for a grandfather, so make it very special...JUST LIKE Christopher and your Dad! Can't wait to snuggle with the little guy!
    Love,
    Suga

    ReplyDelete