Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Relationship with.... the Onesie.

One of the most common baby gifts is clothes. I opened tons of presents for Christopher that were clothes- in fact I didn't think I would have to buy him clothes until he was at least 6 or 7 months old. Well, I was wrong... and the reason I was wrong is because I HATE ONESIES. I remember watching Matt put on Christopher's Penguins onesie as I was confined to my bed in the hospital. I was like oh my god, he is going to rip his head off! But he eventually got it on and Christopher stopped screaming. We got home last Thursday, I attempted a onesie- deemed myself unfit at putting them on, and immediately sent my mom out to get some more zip up outfits- while one whole drawer was stocked with the cutest newborn onesies. And, of course I felt terrible for thinking that Matt was crazy for not being able to do it quickly at the hospital. My mom and I decided that this week- I was going to master the onesie. I avoided it at all costs until today.  He had on a little zipper outfit yesterday and when he stretched out his poor feet were already clear to the bottom. I knew it was time to figure it out.... and today- I can say that I have dressed him in two onesies... not very quickly, but at least I did it. I will attempt again to do it tomorrow... and hopefully it will go as smoothly as today.  However, I do feel like a onesie is an incomplete outfit, like wearing a t-shirt and no pants, so I will also be venturing out to get him a bunch of shorts to complete those onesies. 

Here he is in onesie number one of the day!
Matt says he is going to try and sleep like that tonight.


Christopher also got to experience tummy time today!!! Of course the pictures of him doing it are on my mom's camera. :( He tummy timed it for about 5 minutes on his blanket from Ms. Caryn... lifting his head and switching it from side to side a few times. Is that all tummy time is? It seems kinda boring... even for a newborn.

Today my some of my fabulous 3rd grade teammates came over for a visit! I am so blessed to work with such awesome people. They were so excited when finding out I was pregnant and were so supportive the whole time.  I miss them so much :( but at least they promised to come visit me.
Me, Britney, Stacy, Julie, and Lisa
(Ashley came too and I forgot to get this picture before she left.)

Ms. Julie feeding Christopher.

He peed on Britney!!! :) :) I forgot to flip
his little guy down when I put on his diaper.

Random sweetness.

Oh and here is my newest Pinterest project... 


and.... my mom made these from Pinterest for my teammates. (cookie dough, Oreo in the middle, and brownie on top)

Have a blessed day!!! :) :) 


4 comments:

  1. Just keep trying with the onesie. The necks usually stretch out but snap back after you get it over yheir head. The reason I liked yhem is because if you put a baby in a shirt and pants or a shirt and shorts, the diaper doesn't stay nice and tight. The onesie helps keep the diaper where it is supposed to be.

    In the summer, I loved the one piece shorts outfits. They looked like a real outfit but were not much more material than a onesie. You are right about the onesie looking like an incomplete outfit. I think of them like underwear. However, by the third kid, a diaper looks like a complete outfit. After doing your 9,462nd load of baby clothes, you just don't care.

    P.S. i feel like a stalker because I comment on every blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that you comment!!! You always have good insight. :)

      Delete
  2. A diaper is def considered an "at home" outfit! And Ang.... Hes not as fragile as he seems, crunch him up and stick that onesie on! Love ya, amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try stretching the neck out on the onesie a little bit before you put it over his head. It'll help. And just keep at it, you'll get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete