Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy 10 Months!

Christopher turned 10 months this past Sunday. We took his baseball with us to Virginia and took his picture there!
I sent this picture to a couple people who were confused by the 3 on his shirt because it looks like such a "real ball." Well it's not- 10 months! Only 2 more to go! And I have to decide on a theme for his first birthday. My obvious choice is baseball. It goes with all of his monthly pictures. But when I asked Matt if we should do Dr. Seuss or baseball he said Dr. Seuss because this might be the only year we can. True. His bathroom and bedroom are Dr. Seuss so it may be that... still not sure! I do know that I am going to take a look back at my Dr. Seuss baby shower pictures for some ideas!

Just mokeying around. Bleh. I hate when Matt puts him upside down.

Morning bottle with daddy. I am not really "allowed" to come into the room during bottle time. Apparently I am a complete distraction... but I had to sneak a peek this morning!
Both Matt and I were so worried about the "3-day sleep" rumor we have heard about- and I think I actually read something about it somewhere. Babies take 3 days after travel to adjust back their normal routine. WE definitely experienced it after our trip to Nashville in September! Well thank the Lord Christopher didn't do it this time because we were both exhausted this week... well at home anyway. He sure is having a dickens of a time sleeping at daycare though- just the afternoon nap. He is refusing! Little booger. We had homework this weekend to have him play in his Pack and Play so we just got done with that. It was kinda nice to have him playing in the living room in it because we could actually just SIT on the couch and watch him and not constantly be on guard!

Ms. Jeanne sent me this picture at work! Christopher just crawled right over and stepped right on up. She said it was effortless. You can tell that he is learning the whole kicking up of the leg thing because while in his Pack and Play just a bit ago he was standing and kept pulling up his leg trying to "climb" out.

Do you see his donkey? It's Eeyore but we pretend it's Dominick. And you have to see Christopher's newest song that the loves... Well, I may just love it more than him.

I was reading about getting rid of blinking toys and letting kids create their own fun through exploration... so this day I didn't take out any toys and just let Christopher play with plastic containers, lids, cups, strainers, etc. He seemed to enjoy it! I love that when I gave him this cup he immediately tipped it up with his mouth on it to drink out of it.

Your homework is to cross your fingers that Christopher starts taking his second nap at daycare again!
Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment