Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Countdown is On!

Only three days of work this week!!! We head out to Virginia on Valentine's Day. :)

I didn't get to spend as much time as I normally do with Christopher this week. He was refusing his second nap at daycare (I think he is obsessed with either all the toys or Ms. Jeanne). Since he didn't nap there, he had to nap when we got home so I missed an hour of playtime a couple of days. And then I had a PTA function at school on Tuesday so no family time with Matt and him. I missed bathtime 3 out of 5 nights! My workout ran over on Monday night, Tuesday was my work thing and Thursday I was having such a good workout that we lost track of time! Matt did a great job though - well, Christopher smelled clean so I think it all was okay! :) I did get to enjoy bottle time with every night though. One night Christopher was so tired, he put his head on my shoulder and said mamamama. He used to say the mama sound a lot, but lately it is all dada so I was pleased when I heard it. :) Then, when I opened the back door to get him out the next day he said mamamama again. They say babies don't make the connection until 11 or 12 months but I do think we are getting closer to him realizing it.

We took Christopher to the park today. This was his first time in a swing. When we walk outside with him, and the wind blows in his face he gets all excited, so we knew he was going to love swinging- and he did. I was able to get on FaceTime with mom and dad while we were there so they saw him in all his glory! :)


For the Super Bowl we went over to our neighbor's house and this baby was there. Christopher was all smiles when he saw her and kept trying to pet her. However, in this picture I think he might just be going for Jennifer's green nail polish.

Just waiting to go to daycare! I love when he plays with this Tigger while he is in here. Tigger is just as big as he is.

This is my bathroom. I was changing after work one day and when I walked back in the bathrom I thought..... What happened to my bathroom!??!?!?! Since when is it another playroom? There are literally toys everywhere in there! And Matt yells at me about my shoes! HUMPH. (This is not an acronym. Matt says people will think it is. It's an onomatopoeia.)

Definitely not a protein add- but it certainly could be! This week during dinner Christopher started taking his top teeth and tapping them with his bottom teeth. I think he just realized they are there? Who knows. But it is loud and makes me flinch. Nails on a chalkboard. The good thing is it makes it easy to get a shot of all four teeth!

GUESS WHO???? Matt's sister sent us this picture this week! I can't wait to compare it to Christopher when he is about this old. I would say that Christopher gets his big eyes from his daddy though!

This is from last weekend but I am including it for 2 reasons: 1- I made it into a picture!!! (Granted yes I am taking a picture of Christopher but I think that's pretty telling of why I am never in any!) and 2- Christopher now only wears the 2 piece jammies. We bought the few one piecers we could find.. washed them up and ATTEMPTED to put them on him. His fat feet wouldn't fit in the feet holes! Needless to say, I sent Matt on a mission this week to get some more pajamas.

This past weekend we went and bought a video monitor. We had been quite fine without one but SOMEONE kept telling me... Angie, you have to get one! You will never believe you lived without it! :) So we did- I was getting tired of peeking in to see if he was standing in his crib, rolling around, or actually sleeping. And now it's kind of obsessive. We always thought that Christopher fell asleep the moment we put him down at night. He NEVER makes noise when going down for the night. Maybe 5 times and he is almost 10 months old. But now we have discovered that he just does everything without making any noise.. he stands up. He waves Dino around. He claps his feet around. All without any noise. How is that possible? He does this for about 10 minutes and then finally falls asleep. I don't even fall asleep that quietly- how does he? I got a video this afternoon of him playing in his crib. I put Mr. Sleepyhead down around 3 and he talked and played (with no crying thank goodness) for about 30 minutes. Here is just a snippet of what I watched.





Just playing one afternoon after school! Stroonz so badly wants a playmate.

And that's it!!! I wish Matt could figure out how to send me some of his videos. The files are too big and we can't even figure out how to email them! :( Maybe I can upload them from DropBox because he has some really great dancing ones and Christopher being angry ones. Do you remember the video of him crawling around with the remote... Well this week he tried to crawl around with the Boppy. It is so funny watching him get angry at it because it is so big. He figures it out though. I will work on that tonight!! :) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment