Monday, June 25, 2012

Cousin Kate's Visit

As you blog readers know, I couldn't wait for Kate to get here.. and now I am sure Christopher can't wait for her next visit! We had such a great time and were so busy the whole weekend. I am just going to upload all the pictures and caption each one.

I will start with their meeting...
Matt picked up Kate at the airport Thursday evening.  Christopher and I were anxiously waiting her arrival.  Doesn't Christopher look like such a bodybuilder in his tank top? You can't see it but he has on mesh workout shorts as well.


The first morning.  We dressed Christopher in his (our) favorite pajamas for Kate. Kate was very excited to wake up to Christopher. The picture she posted to Facebook of him that morning was adorable!


Christopher playing on his activity mat.  He is really starting to like his mat.  He likes to look at the flashing lights at the top of it.. and when the lights stop after 10 minutes.. you better be ready to turn them back on!


Kate watched Christopher Friday for me while I hosted Pinterest Day with my friends.  He was so content sleeping on her that he slept through his 12:30 feeding.... that NEVER happens!


And these were the projects that my friends and I made- unfortunately, I am realizing that I need to repaint the letters for my sign because you can't see the Ls in my name! Kate and I also made some crafts on Sunday since she didn't get to participate!

We had a very packed Saturday! It was tons of fun though.. and super tiring! Of course we had our Saturday walk in the park and then Kate and I got to go to the pool... BY OURSELVES! We went for 2 hours and then came home! These pictures are from when we got home.  Christopher just was smiling and smiling at Kate. It was so sweet. He has smiled so much while she was here.  He is in for a rude awakening when he wakes up tomorrow and she isn't here.

I really like her headband.

Here is that smile at Kate! After this this smile, we took him outside to swing.  Matt, Kate, and I played cornhole- Kate and I got our butts kicked!


Then we got all showered and fresh and headed out to dinner at Chili's.  We tried to go to Hobby Lobby afterwards to get some craft stuff but we walked in at 7:55 and they closed at 8- needless to say, we didn't get to do much shopping.


Kate and I at Chili's.

Chrstopher was up early Sunday morning.. well 8 isn't too early I guess! We had another big day planned- BJs, Michaels, pool, dinner, and a little relaxing!


This is how Christopher spent his time at the pool. Anthony and Matt went up there, got us a canopy and Kate and I ventured up.  The walk up there really puts Christopher to sleep and he slept the whole time we were there.

This is Anthony going down the slide... well, it's his splash into the pool!


Kate enjoying the GA sun, while her friends in Clearwater are getting rained on due to Tropical Storm Debby.


I think this is Kate coming down the slide! :)


After the pool, Anthony played the guitar for Christopher.  He stared at him the entire time he played! When he stopped playing, Christopher got fussy... so he had to keep going! It is nice that one person in the family likes his guitar playing!


I was doing laundry later that evening and when I walked back into the living room... this is what I saw.  Don't they look so sweet!

And here we are this morning! Cousin Kate is getting ready to leave this afternoon! I was hoping that the Tampa airport would be flooded and she was going to have to stay another day but that't not happening!

Mom and Dad are coming on Thursday though so I guess that makes Kate leaving a little easier!  She has been here alot- she came in January for a 3 day weekend... she came in March for my baby shower... and now 4 days for this visit. I guess she will have to come back in September (or sooner!). 

Everyone have a great day... and enjoy the sunshine!! :) Happy Summer!


2 comments:

  1. Christopher looks like he really enjoyed meeting his cousin, Kate!! I guess that Anthony will always need to bring his guitar to help intertain Christopher! Can't wait to see you all on Thursday!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entertain!! I know that was a typo mom!

    ReplyDelete