Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

Father's Day weekend seemed to be quite busy- and the best part is that we had absolutely no plans made so we could do whatever we wanted!! Christopher certainly had a packed weekend! He went to many new places and met some new people!

This is how I was woken up on Saturday morning.

Of course, we did our weekly walk in the park. It was a beautiful morning and Christopher got in a nice nap to start his day. Daddy took Christopher home and I went to the gym for my one day a week visit- STINKS- but I am sure I will get to go more soon (or as Christopher gets older and we can face leaving him in there). 

We are currently obsessed with pajamas for Christopher- they are the cutest things.  He still gets his nightly bath, all bedtime lotioned up and then put into his cute pjs. He looks so cozy and cuddly.  We went to Kohl's for Matt to get some stuff and I went to get some more pajamas- plus he is growing like a weed so I had to pack most of his pjs away that he was currently wearing! I have them in the laundry right now and can't wait to see how cute he looks in them tonight! After Kohl's, we ventured to church.  It worked out perfectly because church started at 4:30, he was sound asleep and he wasn't due to eat until 5:45.  We had a guest priest who told this story about his life and at the very end- the whole congregation clapped. I think both Matt and I turned our heads to him so quickly they could have snapped off.  Even the sweet old lady behind us started to clap and then stopped suddenly and looked over at him! He made it through though- even when we took him out of the carrier to go up to communion. We hadn't done that before- but I carried him up there for him to be blessed by the priest.  He was a dream! After church we headed to Parkside to sit outside and eat- and our friends were there on the patio!!! It is so fun when you randomly run into people.

Here is Christopher with Davida!


sucking on his arm


and Rachel- I forgot to get one of her and Christopher!

It was nice to see the ladies- and Stacy!!- I don't have a picture of her to post. :(   What was really awesome was that Davida held Christopher the whole time so Matt and I were able to eat- he was awake when we were on our way there so we figured one of us would be holding and trying to eat at the same time (which I think I am pretty good at now).  Christopher is not a huge fan of sitting in the car seat if he is awake.

We came home from dinner and hung out on the porch for awhile.


big eyes, big cheeks!

For Father's Day I told Matt we could do whatever he wanted all day long. I never say that. In fact, we normally do whatever I want to do. :)  Matt got to sleep in til 9:15 and I had his favorite donut waiting for him. (Plus, I always get Dunkin Donuts coffee on the weekend!) Matt wanted to go fishing so we went down to Lake Acworth.  Matt didn't catch anything. :(
The bridge we stook on while Matt fished.

Matt's been wanting to try out this restaurant Arena Tavern so we went there for lunch.  It was okay- they had a Father's Day lunch special and we ended up eating more like a dinner than a lunch. 




This was Matt's Father's Day outfit for Christopher that Nana bought.


And this was our set up for cornhole. 

We fed Christopher, carried his swing down, put him in the shade and us in the sun! Matt and I played cornhole for almost 2 hours! We played so many variations, but my favorite was when we played lefty- I made three in the hole and won! And yes- I had my first beer. Do you see it sitting on that board? It went down really well! :) We also went to LoriBell's for frozen custard- if your child said "My dad is Mr. Wonderful" then the dad got theirs for free. They let me say it for Christopher. :)


And we ended the day with this book- Matt read it to him.
So sweet.

I hope that all of you had wonderful Father's Day weekends!
That's it for now-

No comments:

Post a Comment