Monday, June 4, 2012

YAY for Christopher!

I always know it's going to be a good day when Christopher wakes up making noises- not crying- doesn't cry during his diaper change, lets me bring him downstairs and put him in his swing while I enjoy my breakfast and a cup of coffee (actually 2).  It was one of those days. :) And... all day yesterday I was praying that he wouldn't want to eat until 8:30 so that his schedule was okay for his 2 hour fast... and it was 8:30 when he started licking his lips to eat! AMAZING. I always tell him God knew Mommy couldn't handle a crazy baby, which is why I got him.

Christopher had his sonogram for his hips today.  I was slightly nervous- but since the doctors had told us before that they didn't hear popping I was thinkng he was fine.  We went down and picked up Matt from work and zoomed over to Scottish Rite.  Like I said Christopher had to fast for 2 hours beforehand- which really he didn't technically need to.  They make you do that so that you can feed them and make the baby stay still.  Thankfully Christopher could stay still by himself without the bottle, until he realized that it was almost 2:30 and time to eat! :) All is good with his little hips!

Hopefully the rain goes away early enough tomorrow morning so we can go walking! I am sure Christopher misses it. He is a creature of habit like his mama.

Oh and I know I have talked about burps before... but really people- how necessary is it??? Christopher is just not a burper.  He doesn't seem bothered by it either. I think he has spit up twice and they have been just a very small amount. WebMD (I know, I know) says try for a couple minutes and that some babies just aren't burpers. I think he must be one of them. Anyone else have this issue? Oh and we try all ways- over the shoulder, hunched over, sitting up straight, over the knee, swinging back and forth (seriously- someone said it worked and I will say I got a small burp today using this one), and rubbing circles on his lower back. Any others???? :)

Here's a video we found on Matt's phone when my parents were here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment