Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Update... and Random Pictures!

Matt finally uploaded all the pictures from the I-Pad, both of our phones, mom's camera and my camera... so we have some new pictures.. I won't put them all up at once though.
First, I will tell you a few things we are really excited about.

1.  Cousin Kate is officially coming- June 21st and she is staying through the 25th.  I can't wait for baby Christopher to meet her.  She is like my little sister and I hope they have a close bond like her and I have!! :)

Cousin Kate is on the right. Pictured here with Rachel and Aunt Nancy!
When are yall coming???

We are very excited for Christopher to meet these lovely ladies.
2.  In a month, we will be in Nags Head!! So excited for our first vacation for the three of us.  We are going with mom and dad and Anthony and Rocco.  Plus, some of our other family members (cousins and such) will be there the same week! We have begun the list making. I should put a countdown on that one.

3.  Unfortunately our baptism date didn't work out, but we did get the next day- July 1st- which I guess is kind of better.  Now mom and dad will be in town so Matt and I will be able to go out for our 5 year anniversary dinner- Atlanta peeps- suggestions? My brother suggested Canoe.

Storytime:
The three of us (Anthony, Matt and I) were invited to a wedding shower on Saturday- an hour away.  I wasn't too keen on leaving him for the first time and being an hour away- a dinner a Henry's in downtown Acworth- okay... but an hour away was a little much.  So Anthony and I decided that we would go together and Matt would stay home with Christopher.  **Matt should totally be the one telling this story** Anyway, after I left Matt fed Christopher and he passed out.  Matt got to go over the Waidlers to watch baseball with Michael and Christopher slept the entire time. They got home and Christopher was still sleeping.  Well, he slept through his feeding time so Matt woke him and fed him (I okayed this.) THEN.... I have  no idea what happened to our quiet little baby.  I called Matt as I was dropping Anthony off and Matt said - DON'T GET ME FOOD. JUST GET HOME. wow. okay. Of course I did as I was told, but not without calling 5 minutes later to find out what was going on.  Matt said Christopher had been crying (screeching) for at least 15 minutes and nothing was making him calm down (and no temperature).  So of course I sped home and made it inside to hold Christopher and he stopped crying. He was just loving being held and looking around the room over my shoulder. Precious. Totally made me cry because I felt so bad for being gone and him and Matt having to go through screech-time. Matt decides to go out and get his dinner. As soon as he leaves- the screeching starts again. Thankfully it didn't last very long. I have no earthly idea what was wrong.  My mom said go give him a bath like you always do and cuddle him up in a blanket.  We went upstairs, undressed him, bathed him, put him in his little baseball pajamas and he was fine. Not another sound the whole night. I don't even think he screamed through his bath.  It was so sad holding him crying and feeling him getting all hot and sweaty and being upset about something and not knowing what it was.  He is way too young for separation anxiety right? Thoughts please????

Okay and now the pictures!

Matt and I had to pick 2 pictures to turn into canvas photos.  Matt had bought this thing off of Half Off Depot.  Most people probably use professional pictures- not us.  We used the pictures that made us laugh. :) They are the 2 above... car seat and tummy time.

Dad and Christopher.  This is from his latest trip to visit.

swinging away

my main men

mom and dad at the hospital

These are the baseball pajamas I was referring to.

When I was pregnant apparently I snored really bad.  Matt made me try out Breathe Right strips and took my picture in them. Jerk. They didn't work.

Rocco, the protector.

almost asleep
Michael and Christopher- this is when he was only days old.
The day I went to the spa.... this was Matt's setup.
Come on... burp baby!

Okay. That's it for now!! Hope you enjoyed some of the pics!! :)

PS- Because Christopher was Frank Breech, he has to go in for an ultrasound/sonogram and have his hips checked tomorrow since he is now 6 weeks old.  The doctors have all said they haven't heard or felt any popping- just have to be sure! Oh and he can't eat 2 hours before. GREAT!!!! 


Countdowns..
Cousin Kate- 18 days.
Mom and Dad- 24 days.
Beach trip- 33 days.



2 comments:

  1. Cecilia used to cry for no reason. She didn't do it often, but when she did, it was stressful. I would put her on her back and push her knees to her chest, in case it was gas. I would try to nurse her. Nothing worked. Thankfully, like I said, it was not often. Sometimes, I just think they are babies, and babjes cry sometimes for reasons we don't know. All we can do is hold them. Try not to let it stress you because he will just pick up on that. Once you have determined it is nothing you can fix....just hold him.

    I remember hearing about babies screaming because a long hair got wrapped around a finger or toe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilia used to cry for no reason. She didn't do it often, but when she did, it was stressful. I would put her on her back and push her knees to her chest, in case it was gas. I would try to nurse her. Nothing worked. Thankfully, like I said, it was not often. Sometimes, I just think they are babies, and babjes cry sometimes for reasons we don't know. All we can do is hold them. Try not to let it stress you because he will just pick up on that. Once you have determined it is nothing you can fix....just hold him.

    I remember hearing about babies screaming because a long hair got wrapped around a finger or toe.

    ReplyDelete