Thursday, June 14, 2012

What Shall We Do Today?

Rainy day Monday was not very fun! I don't remember the last time we were confined to the house with nothing to do- well, I should say nowhere to go.  I know I could have taken Christopher out and about inside somewhere, but during the summer it's more fun to out and about OUTSIDE. I did get a few things done inside the house- for instance, I propped Christopher on the island and did a cooking show with him on how to make sweet potato fries.  After that I brought over the dreaded junk drawer and we went through that. When Christopher is awake I try to talk to him most of the time- let's just thank God that he doesn't understand anything I say right now. :)

We made up for a boring Monday by doing a lot on Tuesday!! We got up and walked 4 and half miles at he park... oh wait. That happened AFTER I discovered that my keys were locked in my car. When I get out of the car, I normally have a list of things to carry in- a drink, my cell phone and Christopher.  So I think it is much easier to just leave my car keys in my driver's seat. The garage door is always shut so really it's not a huge deal. Well, I guess it becomes a huge deal when your husband's key looks just like yours... and if you hit the unlock button on your key and don't open the doors within 20 seconds, it automatically locks. Matt did that Tuesday morning.... therefore, locking my keys in the car. It wouldn't have been that bad if I hadn't packed away the spare keys in a holiday box... notice I said "holiday" box- because I was unsure of which holiday box they were in so down to the basement to look through Easter boxes, Valentines boxes, St. Patty's boxes, Thanksgiving boxes, and finally Christmas boxes.... and at the bottom of one of the ornament boxes were my spare keys! So even though the situation itself sucked at the time, I found my spare keys!!! :) After all that, we made it to the park and walked with Julie.  We were done just in time for lunch at Miss L's. I LOVE Miss L's. (I got the #6 this time- turkey breast, mayo, apple butter, cucumbers and tomato- delish!)  Christopher had lunch there too- unfortunately for him... it was no #6 :)  Then we were off to visit Lisa and Emerson! Christopher looked so big compared to little Emerson! He sure is growing so quickly.  In fact, one of my friends on Facebook posted that her daughter had her 1 year checkup and weighed 19 pounds- holy crap, I think Christopher already weighs 12 or 13 pounds and he is only 2 months. Oh my goodness and then we even went to Big Pie in the Sky for dinner. WOW. I knew we did a lot on Tuesday.. but that really was A LOT!

Sleeping on Miss Julie

Wednesday we had to get Father's Day cards at Hallmark and were off to lunch with Daddy and Becky! Becky had worked with Matt and moved to the Birmingham Apex office.  She was in town working out of the Atlanta office and requested to have lunch with Christopher! She could have had lunch with anyone and picked him... so sweet! There's no one else quite like Becky!! :) 

Becky and Christopher

Matt and Christopher

and this is what we do every night... Facetime with mom! :)

Right now, Christopher is sleeping- just waiting on him to wake up so we can go walking in the park! I am thinking about taking him up to the pool today- we shall see.

Speaking of sleeping- Christopher is finally sleeping in his crib. It makes me kind of sad that he stays in there all night.  Last week we split where he slept- depending on the burp. :) Sunday night we decided to go ahead and do it. We bathed him, read to him, fed him, cuddled a bit, and put him in his crib- awake, but sleepy. Within 10 minutes he was out. :) He didn't cry or whine- just made a bunch of super cute baby noises and was out! He has done that every night so far... and hopefully tonight is no different since I just blogged about how great he has been!

He has also been smiling more- well, he has always smiled those gas smiles.  Now he does the actual real smile.  I am glad that I can tell the difference! :) 

Countdowns-
Kate will be here in 1 week!
Mom and Dad will be here in 13 days.

Everyone have a wonderful day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment