Wednesday, June 27, 2012

First Babysitter!

Today Christopher had his first babysitter.  Matt and I had an appointment at 1 and I was just going to bring him with me.  Dana had mentioned last week that she wanted to keep Christopher while we go but I hadn't really given it much thought.  Last night she said it again and both Matt and I agreed that it would probably be good to go ahead and get him used to me not being around ALL the time. Dana and Mags came to stay with him from 12:15 to 2:45... and apparently he was FABULOUS. I mean, I didn't doubt that he would be, but you never know with babies! :)

This is how I left Christopher.  He slept, ate, played on his activity mat and then slept some more! I might have to hire them more often.... while I am home! :)

I know Christopher is only 10 weeks old... but Matt and I went to find out about starting his college savings plan! Holy moly- it seems like so far but I guess it is better to be prepared! It was such a good meeting- I feel like we got a crash course in funds and bonds and all that financial stuff. The good news is Matt and I are right where we should be to retire! (I guess we like to plan everything early!) The bad news is that the cost of college will be almost triple what it is now when Christopher goes! I am sure he will be a genius or star athlete anyway, so whatever we don't save for him he will get in athletic or academic scholarships. NO PRESSURE, LITTLE MAN. 

Christopher just loves his activity mat. I was a little mad when we bought it because he seemed so uninterested- I guess he was a little too young to fully appreciate it.  I posted a great video on Facebook of him playing with it- he plays with it every morning now when I get my coffee and eat breakfast.


Cousin Kate's flight was delayed so I sent her this picture while she was waiting on the runway.  I was putting away his laundry and he was laying in his crib watching his mobile go around! (Another thing I was angry for spending money on at the beginning!) And speaking of his crib... someone slept from 9:30 til 5 last night... drank his bottle and then went back to sleep til 8:30! The doctor said he should be sleeping between 4 and 5 hours at his age, so 9:30-5 I will definitely take!


"Let me see that smile!"  Christopher has really stepped it up in the smiling area this week.  When Matt gets home from work- that's his favorite line!

Mom and Dad come tomorrow!!!
Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment