Thursday, May 3, 2012

Goop.

Gross. Monday when we went to the doctor Christopher had a little white goop in his right eye. No big deal. Blocked tear duct. Massage it every time you change his diaper. Okay. I can handle that. The very next day of course, that eye is healed... and the other is funkified.... way nastier than the other one was. Poor little guy. Thankfully it doesn't bother him and he lets me wipe it off with a warm cloth. .....

So I wrote that first paragraph this morning and by 3:00 I decided to take him to the doctor. It is his blocked tear duct in his one eye but I was able to get a prescription to help him. You only get one set of eyes so I didn't want to take any chances.

His red eye- no goop in this picture.

Yesterday I was determined to get out of the house and do something with him... but the stroller scared me. I was so nervous about getting out in public and not knowing how to get the stroller working or how to get his car seat off of it... the list of things I was worried about could go on and on. However, after realizing that it's almost bikini season and I would be at the beach in 2 months- we went to the park and walked today! I practiced opening the stroller and closing it a lot last night so that I would know exactly what to do. I had the steps I was going to take (leaving the car on for AC, leaving my door open, opening the back hatch, setting up the stroller, locking it right next to his door, etc) all in my head and it was a success. We walked about a mile- which is all my knees could take. My joints aren't fully back to normal yet... but hopefully soon. It felt so good to be outside and get some direct sunlight (for myself)- Christopher was completely shaded.

When we went to the doctor today, I found out that he had gained 5 ounces, now weighing in at 8 lbs 3 oz.  What a relief because if you remember he didn't make it back to his birth weight on Monday when he was supposed to have! But since Monday, he has been wanting to eat every 2 hours during the day and it shows! I was so proud that he beefed up a bit. I guess it makes the demanding-ness of feeding him every two hours worth it.

Mom called me today with some good news- they bought their plane tickets for Memorial Day weekend!! YAY! And I got all registered for the Baptism class at church. I am hoping to get Christopher baptized that weekend. Hopefully it all works out... have some stuff to figure out first! (can't mention it on here but I will soon!)


tummy time


He looks happy here. I am not sure how because this was truly a miserable bath... for all of us!

Time for bed!


awww....


tan face. pale legs.


All my new Thirty-one gear courtesy of my mom and dad!
My parents are the best!

Alright- tomorrow is Friday and I get to spend the whole weekend with Matt and Christopher!!! Everyone have a happy Friday.  

3 comments:

  1. Very good, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby! Funny how the way you think COMPLETELY changes huh? If you had asked me three years ago how a trip to the park takes a tactical plan and a task force I would have laughed. But now, I so understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Sweetheart he is!!! It is so nice to be able to Facetime with all of you every night so we aren't missing too much. We can't wait until May 25th to see everyone again. Until then Hugs and Kisses from us through Angie and Matt will have to do

    ReplyDelete