Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's Someone's Birthday...

Christopher is 2 weeks old today! It is really hard to believe that 2 weeks has gone by already. Someone told me once that your "real" baby comes at 2 weeks- where everything starts to change. Right now he is spending his birthday morning in his swing so that I could eat some breakfast. I thought about taking him out but he looks so happy in his swing so I thought I would blog for a second. He does have the hiccups and of course Stroonz just puked up a hairball. I hope it isn't going to be one of those days!! :)  Christopher and I have nothing on tap for the day. We are just going to spend a relaxing day in. I do need to go through his newborn clothes and pack those away.. well the ones with the feet anyway.

We went to the doctor yesterday. He gained 3 and a half ounces... not quite where he needed to be.. an ounce short actually. When he was born he was 7 lbs 14.6 ounces... and now he is 7 lbs 13.5 oz. Yesterday he ate like crazy though so hopefully he is working on gaining some more weight! He also gained a quarter of an inch so he is 21 and 1/4 inches now. We don't have to go back until his 4 week checkup which is on his 1 month birthday... may 17th.

 His umbilical cord thing finally fell off last night as well! Thankfully Matt was the one that found it. In Sex and the City Miranda's cat bats her son's around on the floor- Right now it is sitting on his changing pad upstairs- I should probably throw it away before Stroonz gets it.

Yesterday was my first day alone with Christopher. Crying is normal right? I don't know why I was crying. I love him. I love being home with him. I didn't even cry when he was crying.  It was the random times when I would just be sitting alone or reading him a book. Mom and Becca says it's all part of hormones... well hormones suck. I know part of it is still that my mom isn't here with me- normally it takes me a good day to get over the fact that my parents left- I guess with hormones included it's going to take me a little while longer!

The Falk family came over Sunday to bring us some dinner.

The lasagna was yummy!


Kennedy and Christopher-
I think he is yawning here.


Peyton and Christopher-
That is one crazy widow's peak!

And here are the rest of the pictures that I took Sunday and Monday.
in his swing... attempting to suck his thumb.

asleep in his pack and play

I cannot find a spot for his pack and play down here...
It's either in the sun or under an AC vent. I figure as long
as his face isn't in the sun he is okay.

on the rocker out front...
which didn't last long but we did spend about 45 minutes
on the back deck just hanging out.

That's it for today!!! Everyone have a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment