Monday, December 1, 2014

The 25 Days of Christopher- Day 1

I am going to *try* really hard to do this.... 25 days of straight blogging with a quick little Christopher story. It should be easy because there is something everyday that makes me laugh or cry about him so I will just blog really quick to share it. While blogging is pretty simple, these things take a long time to write! Sometimes I sit here for over an hour: typing, uploading pics, downloading videos, etc.
Today's post will be full of pictures from the past couple of weeks. We celebrated Thanksgiving at our house- all 17 of us! It was a full house for sure- We had Aunt Nancy, Uncle Ken, Kate and Pap up from Florida, my cousin Kim and her family from Alabama, Matt's sister and her family, plus mom and dad. It was sad not having Anthony and Sara with us.... but they were enjoying time out in California.
Here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving week:

Saying goodbye to Pap. Christopher loved Pap's Mickey Mouse pin on his suspenders. It is a golf ball face and then green ears.... Whenever Mickey was turned, Christopher would let Pap know that Mickey fell down!!

Heading back to our house. We had our final dinner with everyone at mom and dad's. Christopher got his bath there that night, pajamaed up, and we headed home for bed.

We had lost the little screw that holds the bottom of the tree together- Christopher was helping me put it on when we found it (when I stepped on it and hurt my foot).

Helping mommy and daddy put the star on. I think we stayed in our pajamas almost this entire day.

Helping Aunt Nancy and Kate break the bread for stuffing!
 
Kim has a little boy who is 5 months younger than Christopher. He was very excited that Connor came over to play with him. I think the boys had fun together!

Showing Aunt Nancy his puzzle skills.
 
 
We ran a race the first Saturday of Thanksgiving break. Christopher was listening to Matt tell him all about a good strategy on how to get to the finish line.

And he is almost there...! He got his fourth medal at this run! :) We were so proud of him.

We were building a tower for Mickey and all of his friends. I was much more into this than Christopher and Nico. They enjoyed it when it tipped over.

Playing on the iPad with Nico.
 
 
And so for Day 1 of the 25 Days of Christopher... we started our 25 books of December! Somehow he managed to grab the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Christmas. I think I heard "Mommy, it's my favorite" like 10 times... and then he wanted me to go get "my favorite book" to read to him. He is still super obsessed with Mickey. We met mom, dad and Christopher at church on Sunday and I threw Christmas Mickey in my purse before we left. I figured it would make him happy if he was getting antsy. During one of the readings, Christopher opened my purse, had the most surprised and happy look on his face... hugged Mickey, looked at Mickey, hugged him again... looked at Matt and said "thank you, DADDY! Thank you for bringing my Mickey." SERIOUSLY!?!?!! Matt handed the credit over and told him it was mommy's idea.
 
Here are our books. Mom was such a dear and at the end of last Christmas season she wrapped 24 books for us!! The good thing was it kept me from buying new books to wrap. We have these 24 and lots more on our coffee table that aren't wrapped. Holiday book overload. The bad thing is that I can't "guide" his selections because I have no clue what the books are!

Cheesing with Mickey!
 
And there we go. Day 1 of 25. That only took 35 minutes. :)
I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Be kind. (Santa's watching.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment