Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The 25 Days of Christopher- Day 2

Two days in a row!! :) That is awesome!

Today was such a fun day because it was Matt's birthday!! Christopher and I went to the store after school today to pick up a strawberry cupcake, ice cream and a card from Christopher. When we went down the card aisle I told him to find a card for Daddy's birthday. He picked up a pink one with Mickey and Minnie on it of course. I figured I could make it work until it said "happy 7th birthday to a sassy girl"... everything Matt is not. That would be a lot of crossing out and editing. Thankfully, C found a Spiderman one that he liked just as much and it described Matt perfectly.
Reading his card to Daddy.
Thrilling. Amazing. Spine-tingling.
 
"You have to take a picture with Daddy and finish that last bite before you get ice cream!"
Nana is a quick shove.

Christopher had a surprise under the tree in the foyer today....

Granddaddy built a train board and put it under our tree today! He is letting us borrow his Yankees train we got him last year for Christmas. Since Christopher loves playing with his so much, this is the perfect addition to our tree.
 
Today Christopher took a book with him to daycare. He shared his Lego Christmas book. I should have known there was no way he was going to take his Mickey Christmas book. When I left, him and Luke were sitting at the table looking at the pictures.. not sure how long that actually lasted, but it made my heart happy for when I left. Tonight we opened another book...
It was an Elmo Christmas book. Lucky Uncle Anthony got to be on FaceTime to see. This is Christopher holding it up so that he could see it.

 
Whoa showed back up at our house Monday morning as well. Christopher wanted to rename him ELF but once I said we would have to write a letter to Santa to see if we could change it, he decided Whoa was an okay name. Maybe he should have made a better choice last year on the first word he said when we pulled him out of the box. :)
 
And now I am going to watch the 25 Days of Christmas! :)
Be kind. (Did you know that I whisper this in Christopher's ear every day before I open the door to daycare? That's why I started adding it in here. And we say it every night in our prayers- "Bless the friends with whom I play, make us kinder day by day." I certainly hope he tries his best to be kind.)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment